"Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer!!!
The friend feature lets you you to add someone to your friend list and then stay updated on what they are doing while logged on the server. To use the friend feature simply type /friend in-game and you will be given a list of options."
Hypixel's Friend System is a way to friend people so that you can see if they are online and be able to message them. It also allows a lot of different other functions, such as opening private chests, and in some cases exclusively being permitted to invite people to parties.
Most of the commands related to the friend system start with /friend (/f can also be used). The friend system also uses interactive chat messages to accept or decline friend requests.
- /friend add [Player] - Sends a friend request to a player.
- /friend accept [Player] - Accepts a friend request from a player.
- /friend deny [Player] - Denys a friend request from a player.
- /friend remove [Player] - Remove a friend from your friends list.
- /friend list [Number] - Shows a list of your friends. [Number] is the list page number.
- /friend toggle - Toggles other players ability to send you friend requests.
- /friend requests - View friend requests
- /msg [Player] - Starts a conversation/chat session with a player for 5 minutes.
- /msg [Player] [Message] - Sends a message to the player.
- /r sends a reply to the most recent person to message you.
The '/msg' command is used to message another player which can also be replaced with '/tell'.
- Friends are able to see if you are online and which game you are playing.
- Friends are able to access your protected chests in Walls and Mega Walls, so only add people you trust.
- If you have specific party invite settings then in some cases only your friends can invite you to a party.
- Just a cool fact, but you should know that ranks can have their chat in white, however, with the same rank, all messages will be in gray.